Friday, September 26, 2008

Project Hardrock SS is no longer...

















My wife and I just moved a few months ago from Tulsa to Washington DC. Well, the Hardrock was in pretty bad shape so I took everything part and was going to try again after the move. Just have the movers take the frame. Should be easy enough, right? Well, it's lost (but I think stolen).


That was my first bike (first real bike) ever. I miss it more than I ever thought possible. I even showered naked with it! I should probably explain that. In college, when my bike would get muddy, I would take it into the shower. It was the easiest way, then after washing the bike I would wash myself. Really, nothing weird going on here.


Look, I know it is the lowest model Specialized you can buy, and it wasn't even in the best of conditions, but it was my first bike. It's what made me fall in love with mountain biking. And it was going to be a kick a trick commuter. But now it's nothing more than a memory...


Let's have a moment of silence.


Maybe the Specialized Angel can bring my Suzy back to me (Suzy is what I named my bike).






















[photo by kwc]


No comments: