Monday, April 7, 2008

Specialized Hardrock SS Project - Chapter 1

Since I bought a new mountain bike, a 2006 Specialized Epic rim, I decided mess around with my old bike, the 2003 Hardrock.

Now, it's not worth much and I really didn't want to sell it or give it away. This was my first [real] bike ever! The gearing was acting up and I could never get it tweaked right and that was my main reason to convert it to a single speed.

I bought the kit and other parts on Nashbar.com and PricePoint.com. I'll post specifics soon.

It was pretty much a learning experience. It's not nearly done yet and I have some ideas for a re-paint.

I need to have my LBS do some work on the hubs as they aren't spinning very freely (I think I dried them out by accident) and some other little stuff. Mostly just get it rideable for a friend of mine to commute less than a mile to school.

I'll let you know as soon as its fully running.

No comments: